State of the Firm
2021 hit the ground running for many of us.
Meanwhile, the challenges of 2020 still linger.
This is my opportunity to reflect on where we have been and where we are going.
And the first thing that comes to mind is this; we would not be where we are without our communities’ support.
Thank you to our clients, our supporters, our followers, and our strategic partners for your support, encouragement, and trust in one of the most challenging years of the past decade.
In this State of the Firm address, I want to let you know what we’ve done, what we are working on, and where we are heading in 2021 and beyond.
What have we done?
This is just a sampling of what we did in 2020:
- We had three new partners join the firm: Ken Hochstetler (Holmes County), Matthew Kearney (Regional Litigation), and Katherine Kimble (Eastern Ohio – Cadiz and Woodsfield)
- Our founding partner, Thomas D. White, transferred ownership to me, Christopher White, to begin the succession process of the White Law Office, making Chris the sole owner (for the time being). Don’t worry! Thom is still fully engaged with the Firm and doing fantastic work for our clients. And he plans to be for quite a while.
- Moriah Schmidt added Adoption to our portfolio of practice areas. She also filled out our focus on Non-Profit startups and support.
- We broke several records for the number of intakes in a month (>170!) and new matters created in a month (>70!).
- We added a new title and closing manager, Brandi Helinski, with 17 years of experience in real estate closings.
- We opened a new office in Newark, Ohio, with Robert Barga leading the charge.
- And while this year was challenging in so many ways, it created opportunities for us to innovate on how to deliver legal services, enter new markets, and empower our clients and team to achieve their goals in new ways.
“Don’t waste a good crisis.” From an interview with Jim Smucker, CEO of Keim, Spring 2020
What are we working on?
The challenges of 2020 created the chance to brainstorm new opportunities.
Here are a few of those opportunities we are working on:
- Launch Law, Inc.: We are working on preparing to launch our digital document delivery platform. Launch Law will be a platform deployed by the White Law Office to provide access to legal services around the clock and across the State of Ohio. We have a portfolio of five documents ready for when we launch the platform, and forty more being developed as I write this.
- New Positions: We are on the hunt for new team members. The first position is a Practice Development Attorney who will be engaged in advancing the brand of White Law Office, Co. into our current and new markets. The second (and maybe third) is a Jr. Associate position to support our current Associates and Partners as their practices grow. Anyone interested can apply for an open job or submit their resume by going to eques.law or emailing Jaime White, HR Director, at email@example.com.
Where are we heading?
White Law Office, Co. has a mission to bring legal services to every county in Ohio in the next 5-8 years.
As such, we are working on plans for new locations, partnering with active practices that align with our culture and values, and removing barriers that prevent or making it difficult to access justice and legal services.
Our goal is to deploy the same top-notch talent and small-town approach across and beyond Ohio in innovative and empowering ways.
If you were/are a client, are a strategic partner, or just a supporter of our mission, thank you for your support, encouragement, and trust thus far on our journey.
We look forward to what 2021 will bring our way!